3.b. Mild Hyberbaric Oxygen Therapy 1 Session (RM220 per session)
What Can Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Do for You?
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy increases the level of oxygen (O2) in the cells and has been proven to regenerate and restore healthy tissue. The fundamental cause of tissue degeneration is a lack of oxygen caused by stress, illness, disease or injury. Every cell in the body needs oxygen to complete the metabolic processes that give us life energy. Oxygen gives the athlete stamina, helps the injured heal, and protects us from environmental toxins.Mild hyperbaric chambers are simple pressurised enclosures that allow the person inside to experience greater than normal atmospheric pressures. The pressure, combined with ambient air purified to 89-93% forces the oxygen to dissolve into the body’s fluids and travel to areas of the body otherwise difficult to reach. The dissolved oxygen saturates the plasma, the lymph, the synovial (joint) fluid and the cerebrospinal fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord.
Why do we need oxygen?
Oxygen is a vital part of our lives and is used for all of the body’s essential functions. For example, the brain which is only 2% of our total weight uses more than 20% of the body’s oxygen. Only 10% of our energy comes from our food and water, while the remaining 90% comes from oxygen.
Bacteria, toxins, viruses, and parasites cannot survive in an oxygen-rich environment.If the body’s intake of oxygen is insufficient, for whatever reason, then the body will be thrown out of balance. In today’s world, the most important factor that causes diminished oxygen intake is pollution. Cooked, processed and canned food also tends to be lower in oxygen content, as are foods that are higher in fat.
Increased oxygen levels in the body has been known to:
Provides the fuel needed by the brain to function properly
Helps the body to fight off infection by boosting the immune system
Assists in post-operative healing and sporting injury recovery
Aids in the treatment of chronic disease
Promotes accelerated and enhanced wound healing
Decreases post-operative inflammation and infection and encourages normal healing processes
Is an adjunctive therapy in sports medicine to accelerate recovery for athletes
HBOT May Benefit
There are several benefits to mild hyperbaric oxygen, including:
Strength, energy, and endurance
1. Is it safe?No dangerous side effects have been reported with mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy. However, some individuals can experience a few minor contraindications such as slight fatigue as the body detoxifies (this is safe and necessary). A person can also experience mild discomfort in the ears when pressurizing the chamber similar to the experience of ascending or descending in an aircraft.
2. What does the treatment involve?
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy treatment takes place inside a specially-designed chamber that uses ambient air with an additional oxygen concentrator to deliver oxygen to the body safely.
Because you will be fully clothed during the treatment, it is recommended you wear loose, comfortable clothing. The chamber inflates within one minute and upon full inflation, there will be enough room to sit upright or to lie down comfortably. There is enough room for an adult and a small child to be in the chamber at the same time. After the inflation, the chamber will pressurize and this is a similar feeling to ascending or descending in a plane. Once at full pressure, you just breathe normally. You may take a book or magazine into the chamber, meditate, listen to music or simply sleep.Depending on your health goal, each treatment usually lasts for one or two hours although longer periods can be safely undertaken if desired. Afterwards, you can carry on with your day as normal.